Most of the people are concerned about how to lose weight but some of them are really trying hard to gain weight and it’s not simple as it may seem. This is a concern, because being underweight can be just as bad for your health as being obese. Being underweight can also impair immune function, raise your risk for infections, lead to osteoporosis and fractures and cause fertility problems and may put one at a greater risk for dementia because of lowered fat tissue levels in the brain.
If you want to gain weight, then it is very important that you do it right. Binging on junk food filled with ice creams, pasta, burgers, pizza’s etc may help you gain weight, but it can also destroy your overall health at the same time. It is very important to eat healthy foods even when you are trying to gain weight and there’s science to it. After all, the old phrase, “You are what you eat” is absolutely true. Here we at BucketList Dreams reveal some secrets of healthy weight gain.
- Eat more frequently. Have about 3 to 4 hours of gap between each meal. If you’re trying to gain new muscle tissue, meal timing is especially critical. Your body needs a continuous supply of energy so as to prevent losing muscle tissue, by eating regular meals.
- Eating sufficient protein is required to gain muscle weight instead of just fat. Include meats, fish, eggs, many dairy products, legumes and nuts.
- Eat healthy energy-dense foods as much as possible. These are the foods that give more energy relative to their weight or size. Alternate these nutrient dense foods instead of junk in your routine diet. Nuts like almonds, walnuts, peanuts, etc dried fruits like raisins, dates, dairy foods like whole milk, full-fat yogurt, cheese, paneer, whole grains like oats, wheat, jowar and brown rice. You can also add dark chocolate, avocados, peanut butter and coconut milk in your diet which are sources of good fats.
- Include more strength training workouts and moderate cardio workouts in your exercise schedule to increase your muscle mass.
- Get quality sleep. Sleeping properly is very important for muscle growth. A lot of our healing, repair and regeneration takes place while we sleep. It’s like a rush hour for building muscle and lean tissue. So to gain healthy weight get enough sleep.
At the end of the day, changing your weight is a marathon and not a sprint activity. Simply put, it can take a long time and you need to be consistent if you want to succeed in the long run.