With every change in season, our skin needs more care and more so especially in winter. Harsh winds, extreme temperatures, winter sun, centrally-heated homes, workplaces and sometime even malnutrition could be responsible for dry skin and other skin problems during winter. Here are a few home remedies to help dry skin:
Milk: Milk intake and application on the skin both are beneficial for the skin health. It is one of the best ingredients known for the treatment of dry skin. Milk helps to prevent acne, premature ageing, remove blemishes, heals wounds, lower allergic skin reaction, nourishes and softens the skin and makes it glowing and radiant.
Milk Cream: Milk cream is one of the well known home remedies for dry skin. The presence of lactic acid and caprylic acid in it helps to improve the skin health by exfoliating the dry dead skin, accelerate collagen production and balance pH level of the skin. Milk is a great source of Caprylic Acid which helps to balance the proper pH levels for our skin.
- Add a teaspoon or two of almond oil to a glass of warm milk.
- Mix it well and apply to the skin before bed time.
- Leave it on for overnight.
- Repeat regularly.
- Pour a cup of raw milk into a tub of warm water.
- Soak in this for at least 10 – 15 minutes.
- Repeat regularly.
Honey: Perfect dry skin tips should always include honey, which contains properties that benefits dry and flaking skin. As it is rich in antioxidants, it prevents cell damage and it has a unique component that helps to keep the skin hydrated. You only need to ensure that you get a good quality honey since mostly it can be adulterated.
- Apply a small amount of pure honey directly on the dry skin.
- Massage it gently with your fingers for about 2 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water and apply moisturizer.
- Repeat once a day.
Castor oil not only hydrates dry skin but also helps to reduces stretch marks, acne and sunburn. It stimulates the production of collagen and elastin which helps skin to resume its shape after stretching. Isn’t this a handy tips especially post partum?
- Apply a few drops of castor oil over the face and other dry skin.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Wash it in the morning.
- Follow this process regularly.
Yogurt: Yogurt is another fermented dairy product rich in B-complex vitamins and minerals good for skin. Yogurt helps to remove dead skin cells, tighten pores, smooth out fine lines, hydrate dry patches and provide glow to dry skin.
- Apply 1/2 cup of curd over dry skin.
- Massage gently in a circular motion.
- Leave it on for about 20 – 25 minutes and wash it off with water.
- Repeat it regularly.
Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is a popular home remedy for dry skin in winter across India. It is a great source of caprylic acid, saturated fats, and Vitamin E as it is good for several skin issues. It is a natural exfoliater to scrape off dead skin and clear out impurities which block the skin pores.
- Apply coconut oil to your dry skin and leave it on for overnight.
- Wash it the next morning.
- Do this regularly at night time.
Say goodbye to dry skin with these home remedies with natural ingredients.
Eat right and stay fit. Sign up for a personalized nutrition plan.