Most of us would make a New Year’s resolution – either to lose weight, quit smoking or drink less – but only one in ten of us will achieve our goal. Following these easy tips will give you a head start on your New Year’s resolutions to lose weight.
- Don’t skipmeals. This slows down your metabolism by 20% to 30% and could lead you to overeat later on.
- Eata good breakfast. Research indicates that people who eat breakfast tend to consume fewer calories throughout the day.
- Get enough sleep. Studies have found that sleeping lesser than 6-7 hours a night is linked to a higher body mass index (BMI). Lack of sleep influences hormones that regulate your appetite.
- Plan a week’s worth of healthy meals at a time, before you hit thegrocery store.
- Making a physical note of everything that goes in your mouth is an effective way of gaining control over your eating.
- Cutting down your portion size will not only help you lose weight, but will be one of the most effective weight management tools for the long term.
- Don’t replace fruit with fruit juices. Fruit juices are robbed of their fiber and broad range of nutrients and are basically just a concentrated source of sugar that lacks the supportive nutrients for good health.
- Most of the time when we meet up with friends it will be either over a drink or for a quick or elaborate meal.A great way of getting around this problem is to try and make at least one social activity between you and your friends which revolve around fitness. Why not just go for a long walk, jog together or hit a gym?
- Focus on including activity into your daily routine, whether it’s going to the gym, walking several extra blocks rather than driving, or taking the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Make water your primary beverage.
- Laughter is the best medicine. Institute of Psychiatrics found that intense laughter by itself can give you a bite-size cardio workout.
It’s best to select ways of eating and being physically active that you truly enjoy. These are the lifestyle changes that’s needed for long-term weight-loss success.
Take a step closer to your dream by signing up for a customized nutrition plan. Become a member today.