- Boost calcium intake: A recent study has shown that consuming calcium-rich foods speeds weight loss by 50% while strengthening bones. While choosing calcium-rich dairy products, one must choose low fat versions.
- Eat protein at every meal: According to a study reported in a Journal of nutrition, good quality protein helps to improve and maintain muscle mass and reduce fat mass. Maintaining muscle mass during weight loss is important as it helps in burning more calories.
- Regular Exercise: Exercise not only burns calories but also suppresses appetite and hunger pangs. According to a study in the Journal of American College of Nutrition, 30 minutes of regular exercise can boost metabolism and hence weight loss.
- Never skip breakfast: According to National Weight Control Registry, breakfast is one of the key factors for long- term weight maintenance. A healthy breakfast keeps your blood sugar and hormone levels under check. It also kicks up metabolism and helps in burning calories.
- Avoid meal gaps for more than 4-5 hours: Long gaps between meals encourage binging and making wrong food choices. Make sure you eat three meals per day to control your hunger and manage your appetite.
- Have patience: If you don’t get to reach your target weight quickly, there are high chances that you may give up. Go slow and steady by making it realistic. Weight loss cannot happen in just a few months, and it is not that you will not put on weight once you lose it. You have to be consistent in maintaining a healthy weight.
- Find a buddy: Find a friend or a family member with a similar goal. Motivate and help each other in keeping a new eating habit and an exercise routine.
- Eat a generous amount of seasonal fruits and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables are powerhouses of disease-fighting antioxidants and minerals. There are high in fiber, low in calories and virtually no fat. These are the best choices when you have cravings or want to beat hunger pangs.
- Track your new habits: Write down to track your daily food intake, your mood swings, and exercise regimen. It helps you identify the patterns that are leading to overweight and inactivity. It is one of the most powerful tools to reach your health goal.
Consult your nutritionist or health expert before making any changes to your diet or fitness routine. They will help in making the right changes. Never make any sudden or drastic changes to your lifestyle; it may have an adverse effect on your overall health.
Follow a healthy routine by signing up with us.