With all the office parties, cocktail parties, and dinner celebrations, can you eat, drink, be merry, stay fit and still avoid rapid weight gain? This is our common issue when we are careful with our eating during the weekdays and go off track during the weekends and feel the weekend party and binging are what that makes us not lose weight or put on more. So for those of us, here are a few tips to enjoy yourself, without packing on any extra pounds or experiencing any rapid weight gain while you party.
- Be smart at the table. Fill three-quarters of your plate with vegetables and rice/roti/a main course cereal, the rest with protein rich foods.
- Avoid temptation. Just say “no”. It is always easy to completely say no to a temptation that trying to control the quantity after eating a small portion.
- Be extra good on non-party days. Reward yourself once a week and stay good on your plan on the other days.
- Parties are meant to enjoy and celebrate with people. Focus more on socializing at the party and less on eating, to avoid rapid weight gain.
- The trick is to have a plan for how you’ll eat before and at all those parties. Eat strategically by opting for low calorie and healthy food/drinks. You can choose to eat a healthy meal before going for the party. This way you can avoid overeating at the party.
- Eating slowly may not be easy when appetizer options are endless, but it pays off to pace yourself. The quicker we eat, the less time the body has to register fullness.
- Rather than guzzling on calorie and sugar-laden sodas and juices, treat yourself to one serving of your favourite drink with dinner and keep your allegiance to water for the rest of the day.
- To prevent gaining pounds at a party, don’t resort to any type of crash dieting. They just drive you to fast or slash calories down. This can result in the loss of muscle, decreased strength and power, low energy, moodiness or irritability, and compromised immunity. Remember to take care of your body by nourishing and not abusing.
The good news is that we do not have to sacrifice socializing or parties to keep up a healthy weight. With a few simple strategies in place we can still enjoy without packing on the pounds. Talk to our Expert to know more about this.